CPM Algebraic Representation
- Earliest start of Event 0 (first node - project start time) is set to 0
- Moving forward through the network. The earliest time of Event j is equal to the earliest time of Event i plus the duration of (i,j). The maximum is over i where Arc (i,j) exists.
- Latest start of Event n (last node - project finish time) is set to the earliest start of Event n.
- Moving backward through the network. The latest time of Event i is equal to the latest start time Event j minus the duration of (i,j). The minimum is over j where Arc (i,j) exists.
- Total slack calculation for each Activity (i,j).
For each activity in the network the earliest (latest) start time and the earliest (latest) finish times are defined as follows: