The Procedure for Finding the Critical Path
This procedure is described in following steps.
- List the activities and the precedence relationships
- Construct the project network.
- Estimate each activity time.
- Find the earliest start time and the earliest finish time for each activity (forward pass calculations).
- Find the latest start time and the latest finish time for each activity (backward pass calculations).
- Calculate the total slack for each activity.
- All of the critical activities have a total slack equal to 0.
- A critical path from the starting node to the finishing node uses only critical activities.